Friday 27 September 2013

Typography.

In this lesson we were learning about 'Typography' which is the fonts that you use for different things.

We had to write a range of words in different fonts and colours that would suit that certain word. Here is what i did: 



Mistake: For the word mistake, i thought id use an informal font and one that wouldnt be good to use. I did this because using fonts like "Harrington" (the one i used here) would be a mistake in media. I did the colour red because when theres a warning, or somethings wrong, its in red. 

Emperor: For Emperor I used the font "Goudy Stout" which is a sans serif font. I also thought it should be big because Emperors are quite big people.

Elastic: For Elastic I chose the font "Gigi" This is because its very bendy, and flowy.

Harmony: I did "Segoe Print" for Harmony because I thought it was quite flowing and Harmony is a quite calm flowing word. I chose the colour yellow, because I thought it just fit with the word.

Falling: This is one of my favourites. I chose the font "Cold night for Alligators" Because theres leaks coming down and its like theyre falling. 

Peronsality(small): I chose two compeltely different colours and fonts for personality, because there are so many different personalities and I feel like these were to main ones. The "Aparijita" font which is quite simple, quiet and shy. 

Peronality(big): For the second one i chose "Goudy Stout" because some people are very confident, bubbly and outgoing. I also did different colours because I felt like you get different personalities.


The last thing we had to do was choose a word to expand on, which images etc. I chose the word "Falling".



I added on an effect which was "Inner Glow" and "Gradient Overlay". The inner glow just made it stand out and pop, and the gradient overlay made the word fade from red to black which was cool. The other thing I added was a blur towards the bottom of the word, because it makes a fading/falling effect. Lastly, I included the image of a man falling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment